Hello Friends! It is such an honor to be part of the Joy Clair Stamps Design Team for 2018. I hope you are enjoying the New Release Blog Hop so far! I am excited to share with you a set of Joy Clair Stamps that are perfect for Bible Journaling. The set below is called Refuel My Soul.
I love the Scripture text stamp in the set from Romans 15:13, so that is the Scripture I decided to journal. “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Without His Holy Spirit, the fuel of our lives, we will not make it! We need His power and His confident hope to fill us to overflowing! It was definitely a fun and special time in worship using these stamps to design my page!
Here is how I created my page:
1. I always like to add a little dimension to my pages. To do so I simply pick a few images that I stamp onto cardstock with StazOn Ink. I chose the cars and gas gauge. I cut them out and used NeoColor Watercolor II Crayons to color them in.
2. I chose the stamps that I wanted to apply right to the page and began laying the items out to plan the page. When using stamps or watercolors I am always sure to use a piece of plastic behind the page to prevent the ink or water from transferring onto other pages.
3. I used Car Washi Tape and Black & White washi tape to make a border at the top of the page. I always tab my pages and used the gas gauge as a fun tab. Tabs serve as a way to find passages easily but also help convey the theme of the page.
4. I cut up the cars for gluing on the bottom of the page. (I use a Scotch Glue Stick in my Bible but tape runners also work very well.) I added more Black & White washi tape to the very bottom. I also stamped on cardsotck the text stamps from the set. I glued them on top of the washi.
5. I added some finishing touches by watercoloring the Gas Pump, adding drops throughout the pages and stamped the date using a date stamp. I love dating my pages so I am able to go back and see not only when I did the page but what God has shown and taught me since then. I also used Illustrated Faith Highlighter Washi Tape to highlight the Scripture.
Hope you enjoyed this post and will find it helpful in your own stamping and in your own worship!
Joy Clair Refuel My Soul Stamp Set (Affiliate Link)
Illustrated Faith Highlighter Washi Tape (Dayspring Affiliate Link)
Neocolor II Watercolor Crayons
StazOn Ink Pad – Jet Black
Various Washi Tape / Date Stamp / White Cardstock / Scotch Glue Stick
Let’s start the fun with the creativity and remember that we always have prizes for our readers and visitors that comment HERE in our corporate blog and in ALL the designer blogs during the hop.
Just leave your comments and tell us which is your favorite stamp set!
Here is the complete list of the Everyday Blog Hop:
Have fun and get inspired!!!